Chocolate Crème Brûlée
- Fresh egg yolks - 16 Each
- Granulated Sugar - 2 Cups
- Heavy Cream - 5 Cups
- Vanilla bean split and scraped - 2 Each
- Bittersweet Chocolate - ¾ Cup
- Heat the cream, add the vanilla bean seeds.
- Combine the yolks and sugar together until well blended.
- Add ½ the warm liquid into the egg mixture and the other half into the chocolate. Stir both until smooth.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture
- Strain and pour it into ovensafe 10 bowls approximately 1.5D x 6in.D x 3in.W
- Bake at 162ºC/325ºF in a water bath with approx. 1/8” of water in the oven until the custard is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until needed.
- Dust the surface of each with sugar and torch or broil until caramelized.