- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping in between each addition.
- On low speed, add the pumpkin puree, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the first 9 ingredients and mix well, scraping the bowl frequently.
- Using a piping bag with a round tip, pipe the cookies onto parchment lined pans so each cookie is 1-1/2 inches and 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for about 12 minutes. Cookies are cake-like and should be springy to the touch. Cool cookies
All Purpose Flour - 2 ¾ cups
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Ground cinnamon - 1 ½ teaspoons
Ground ginger - 1 ¼ teaspoons
Ground nutmeg - ¾ teaspoon
Ground clove - 1/8 teaspoon
Ground cardamom - ¼ teaspoon
Salt - ½ teaspoon
Butter, unsalted - ¾ cup
Brown sugar - 2 ¼ cups
Whole eggs - 2 each
Pumpkin puree - 1 ½ cups
Whole milk - ¾ cup
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Browned Butter Icing
Powdered sugar 4 cups
Butter, browned ¼ cup
Whole milk ½ cup
Vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon
- Cook the butter until the solids turn brown and smell slightly nutty.
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- On low speed, slowly add the milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a spatula, spread the icing on the cookies. If icing is too thick, add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time.